Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Technical Solutions Manager / Telecommute VA – (JOB-15468). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
**Fully Remote Opportunity with 20 – 40% travel (post-COVID)
Direct Hire Opportunity
Techead has a unique opportunity for a Full-time, Technical Solutions Manager with our logistics and automation client based in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. The person may work fully remotely but the position quires moderate travel.
Ideal candidates will have worked in the logistics/automation/materials handling industry and have a solid understanding of software controls systems implementations. Bonus points for experience managing the commissioning and implementation of large, complex systems.
Technical Solutions Manager:
This individual is responsible for the management and coordination of the system solutions approaches at a large, industrial, robotic warehousing organization.
The Remote Technical Solutions Manager works directly with the assigned Solutions Architect, Technical Project Manager, and GCPM throughout the project lifecycle. Key responsibilities include working with the sales/project team stakeholders and technical disciplines (SA, SE, CE, and IM), ensuring the technical details of each solution are vetted and executed according to contractual specifications, and is ultimately responsible for the successful delivery and at clients warehouse solutions. The Technical Solutions Manager is expected to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Responsible for the successful delivery and customer acceptance of the solution throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Final customer acceptance of the solution in accordance with the project scope of work.
- Responsible during the sales phase for acceptance criteria and technical solution schedule development
- Feedback from the Solution Architecture and HUB management team
- Consulting starting in the sales phase to include cost reviews and project handover
- Feedback from the Sales, Solutions Architecture, and Technical Project Management team(s)
- Accountability for development of solution and subsystem specifications
- Complete set of specifications for the project agreed to and signed off by the customer
- Accountability for development of readiness checklists for subsystem checkout
- Validation of subsystem function and readiness
- Accountability for development of acceptance criteria and test plans for solutions and subsystems
- Validation of solution and subsystem performance within the scope of work.
- Responsible for throughput analysis and communication of results to the customer
- Project throughput performance validated and signed off by the customer
- Accountable for software and controls progress monitoring throughout realization
- Weekly/Bi-Weekly project reporting to the GCPM and broader leadership representatives
- Provides coaching and/or mentorship to junior team members
- Consistency in the application of processes and procedures within the team
- Supports project documentation and process adherence audits
- BS degree in Information Systems or Engineering; or practical experience in the field of electrical/controls/software engineering for industrial automation applications – preferred
- Knowledge of simulation technologies
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques Desirable
- 1+ years as a Software or Controls Engineer for industrial automation applications.
- 3+ years as a Project Manager for automated material handling and logistics applications.
- Knowledge in the software development; testing methodologies; Emulate 3D; simulation packages
- Knowledge in database architecture and interfacing with Oracle and/or SQL Server databases.
- Experience being a front-facing representation to the customer as well as company representation for internal meetings as needed.
- Experience managing individuals, teams, and subcontractors.
- Experience with the implementation of automated material handling and logistics systems.
- Solid understanding of information systems and engineering theory and the project life cycle for material handling systems.
- Sound application knowledge
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed